David’s expertise straddles Agricultural Development, Financial Services, Enterprise Development and Programmatic Management. His unique experience in Governance and Leadership levels for both Private Sector and Development Organizations, places him with the ability to advise both divides with ease, competence and experience. David begun his career in Financial Service Institutions and rose from junior officer to being a CEO and later on a Regional Advisor for East Africa in a Financial Investment Organization. His training in Agricultural Economics and Enterprise Development at graduate and postgraduate levels coupled with wide and varied training in various fields in different countries and contexts defines him as an astute professional in enterprise based program management and rural economic interventions. His current role in leading the operations of Farm Concern International in Africa consolidates his experience and ambition of being a change agent in rural agricultural development. His commitment and faith in the future of African Agriculture is demonstrated by his role in establishing various enterprises, programmes and innovations that have won accolades locally and abroad severally.
David has served in the following institutions in various ranks in his 25 years career;
- Africa Director, Farm Concern International FCI
- Regional Advisor for East Africa, Triple Jump Investment Fund
- CEO, Vision Fund (World Vision) Limited
- National Micro Credit Advisor, UNDP/ILO
- Head of Operations, Ecumenical Church Loan Fund (ECLOF)
- Officer & Branch Manager, Pride Kenya Limited
David has had opportunities in the past and currently in the boards of the following institutions;
- African Farms & Markets Limited (Afma Ltd)
- Farm Concern International Africa Group
Women Empowerment Link in Africa, WELA
- Kenya Airways/Wanandege Sacco Limited
- Association of Micro Finance Institutions (AMFI) in Kenya
- Vision Sacco Limited
David is Kenyan by nationality and lives with his family in Nairobi, Kenya.